Wednesday 7 October 2009

Jay-Z feat Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind

So The Blueprint 3 dropped nearly a month ago and this track is already a download hit. It is the stand out track on the album and in mind already a great hip-hop record. As I was listening to it yet again the other day it actually made me think about whether or not the 'Jigga man' should have returned from his shortlived retirement. My reasoning behind this thought is that his 2003 farewell album 'The Black Album' was such an amazing and illustrious good bye that it deserved to be his final studio album. If this was the case though I probably wouldn't have seen his remarkable performance at Glastonbury last year.

Although his three subsequent albums have not come close to reaching the heights of 'The Black Album' or 2001's 'The Blueprint' or my favourite of the lot his debut album 1996's 'Reasonable Doubt' they have produced some great tracks. This happens to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment